Fluconazole B. Braun is indicated for fungal infections Fluconazole B. Braun is indicated in adults for the treatment of:
- Cryptococcal meningitis
- Coccidioidomycosis. Invasive candidiasis.
- Mucosal candidiasis (including oropharyngeal candidiasis, oesophageal candidiasis, candiduria and chronic mucocutaneous candidiasis).
- Chronic oral atrophic candidiasis (denture sore mouth) if dental hygiene topical treatment are insufficient.
Fluconazole B. Braun is indicated in adults for the prophylaxis of:
- Relapse of crytopcoccal meningitis in patients with high risk of recurrence.
- Relapse of oropharyngeal or oesophageal candidiasis in patients infected with HIV who are at high risk of experiencing relapse.
- Prophylaxis of candidal infections in patients with prolonged neutropenia (such as patients with haematological malignancies receiving chemotherapy or patients receiving Haematopoetic Stem Cell Transplantation.
Fluconazole B. Braun is indicated in term newborn infants, infants, toddlers, children and adolescents aged from 0 to 17 years old:
Fluconazole B. Braun is used for the treatment of mucosal candidiasis (oropharyngeal, oesophageal), invasive candidiasis, cryptococcal meningitis and the prophylaxis of candidal infections in immunocompromised patients. Fluconazole B. Braun can be used as maintenance therapy to prevent relapse of cryptococcal meningitis in children with high risk of reoccurrence.
Therapy may be instituted before the results of the cultures and other laboratory studies are known; however, once these results become available, anti-infective therapy should be adjusted accordingly. Consideration should be given to official guidance on the appropriate use of antifungals.
Ecoflac® plus: 50 ml, 100 ml, 200 ml
Information may differ in your country. Before prescribing refer to nationally approved prescribing information.