Emulsion for injection or infusion.
The propofol without the "Ouch!"
Propofol-®Lipuro 5 mg/ml is a short-acting intravenous general anaesthetic indicated for
- induction of general anaesthesia in adults and children > 1 month
- induction of sedation for diagnostic and surgical procedures, in adults and children > 1 month
- short term sedation for diagnostic and surgical procedures, alone or in combination with local or regional anaesthesia in adults only.
- glass ampoule: 20 ml
- Approved for anesthesia induction in patients > 1 month of age
- VAS < 20 mm in children (2-6 years old)
- No dilution or mixing with local anesthetics
- Low concentration allows more precise dose titration
Information may differ in your country. Before prescribing refer to nationally approved prescribing information.
1. Larsen B. et al. Less pain on injection by a new formulation of propofol?
A comparison with propofol LCT. Anaesthetist 2001; 50(11):842-5
2. Soltész S et al.,E ect of a 0.5 % Dilution of Propofol on Pain on Injection
during Induction of Anesthesia in Children. Anesthesiology 2007; 106:80-4